This knob Can Make a Difference

According to car insurance company Admiral just having one of these, an automatic transmission in my car I could be paying on average 5.63% more on my insurance. It get worse, having an automatic only license could mean an extra 43.89% on your premium. 

"This seems to be down to a claims frequency that is 19.23% higher than those with a full licence. Average claim cost is roughly the same across all licence types; this implies automatic licence holders are more likely to have an accident than those with a full licence."

This seems very unlikely or fair, though some pensioners do go for automatics. For me I started to learn to drive when I was 18 years like most people but University got in the way so I stopped. I also spent most of the following years at University or living in London so decided I probably couldn't afford to park there. When I started again I was quiet old and so thought that an Automatic would be easier and quicker to learn with the idea that I 'could' have a test in a manual should I need too.

My insurance is not particularly high. The only issue I have seen is when abroad the choice of an automatic car not being as many and cost of hiring is higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment