Where has the COVID-19 years gone?

Photo by CDC on Unsplash
So here we are in 2022 and two years since this all begin for me. So what happened?

Apart from seeing very long queues at McDonalds the day before lockdown (and when lockdown eased). I started the first lockdown with good intensions. Started doing Core workouts via the Abs, Core & Back Workout at Home (from Fitify Apps) and Yoga for Beginners (from Workout Apps). I also tried the longer flowing sessions with Pocket Yoga (from RainFrog). I even tried meditation with Buddhify (from Mindfulness Everywhere). I started running up to three times a week. Sat in the garden and read. Successfully grew Chilli from seeds and had quite a crop (bought kit from Amazon).

By the second lockdown it all went out the window. Apart from running I just stopped every other exercise without realising. Tried to grow Chill again and nothing grew. Tried to grow a Venus Fly Trap and failed with that too. I struggles to get Meditation working for me. 

What I didn't do but the rest of the UK (and the USA) did was:
1) Follow Joe Wicks exercises on YouTube.
2) Make the best coffee ever. Some weird coffee from another country which I forget the name!
4) Make the best coffee ever. Yes another one.

What I did notice was many Android apps suddenly became subscription based which was either monthly of yearly (I have seen one which was over £100 a year). The one off payment became almost non-existent. There was also the increase in seeing people out and about doing their walking exercise. Sadly there was the increase in dog poo/waste which was left and not picked up. Whether this was people walking their dog who didn't normally or the increase in lockdown dog ownership!

After recovering from the latest COVID-19 virus which started exactly one hundred days after my third dose (got a positive lateral flow result), I will be getting back into running three times a week, core workout and yoga on the other days plus another crack at Meditation. COVID-19 has lasted over two weeks which is quite a shock as I would say I am particularly heathy eater and exercised regularly. I have only had flu three times in my life and over twenty-five, lesser colds last about a week. Perhaps I need to have a check up with a blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment